View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 07:18 AM   #70 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonas View Post
Over here, the car has to be "original". That can even mean door handles have to work. At least they don't check locks. And they obviously haven't opened some of the doors. One door sags an inch or so and either has to be slammed with brute force or lifted up before being pushed toward the latch.

In the end, our inspection system is one of the most rigid in the EU. What it really means is, "We'll make it hard to impossible to pass inspection unless you give me some money or know my relatives or know my buddy who makes all the 'arrangements'."

I've thought of starting my own file on all the inspectors and then looking at their Facebook pages. As soon as he wants to write down something that doesn't involve safety, I'll mention something like, "Does you daughter still go to _______ school?" or "The boss is on the other side of the door, and would be interested in seeing such a rare antique." Most people wouldn't do such absurd things if they had the accountability to be logical.Life is all one big game over here.
Take a piece of wood, like a 2x4 place it under the door lengthwise. Use a second longer 2x4 for a lever and pull up to spring the hinges so the door will close properly. Do this from the outside, with the door almost closed, just open enough to for both 2x4s to fit.

regards
Mech