View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 03:19 AM   #496 (permalink)
Saguache
EcoModding Lurker

Shuttlepod One - '14 Toyota Prius v Model Three
Team Toyota
90 day: 38.12 mpg (US)
Just came across this article, at first glance it looks like good news.

Elio Motors Continues to Win Key Legislative Victories | Virtual-Strategy Magazine

In Colorado, HB 1367, sponsored by Representative Max Tyler, passed through the legislature unanimously (HB 14-1367 - Colorado 2014 Regular Session - Open States). The bill exempts the previous requirement to wear a helmet under the age of 19 and provides a motorcycle endorsement exemption for an Elio. In Illinois, SB 3130 was sponsored by Senator Don Harmon and Representative Camille Lilly. The bill eliminated the motorcycle endorsement requirement for Autocycles (SB 3130 - Illinois 98th Regular Session (2013-2014) - Open States). Illinois doesn’t have a helmet requirement for motorcycles but technically required a motorcycle endorsement for the Elio.

Read more: Elio Motors Continues to Win Key Legislative Victories | Virtual-Strategy Magazine
Read more at Elio Motors Continues to Win Key Legislative Victories | Virtual-Strategy Magazine

But as I sit here thinking about the implications of this does this then mean that in Colorado and Illinois an independent driver of an autocycle will not have access to HOV lanes? Unintended consequences?

Also, thanks to Old Mechanic for that youtube Fox & Friends bit. I have to say though that it answers none of my questions and sort of leaves Paul Elio standing in the dust. Frankly, it made me want to punch someone at Fox in the neck. C'est la vie.