View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 01:05 PM   #371 (permalink)
t vago
MPGuino Supporter

iNXS - '10 Opel Zafira 111 Anniversary

Suzi - '02 Suzuki Swift GL
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
T Vago Thank you. I am able to connect to board now but when avrdude tried to flash the chip it give me error: "Wrong Microcontroller found. Did you select right board from tools>Board menu"

Binary sketch size: 20814 bytes (of a 32256 byte maximum)

avrdude: Expected signature for ATMEGA328P is 1E 95 0F
Double check chip, or use -F to override this check.

The chip is atmega 328-pu. I would like to override this so i looked up how to but didn't work as i'm sure my code is wrong. Now you would ask why i want to overide it. Well chip has no longer valid code inside as while trying to try different board it may have uploaded write code to wrong spot so now displays just some crap. I can still connect to board and chip as you see but i think i may need to overwrite it now. This happened prior to any mods to the code you made. This was with original andruino board which is why it went south. This is why i was asking if andruino ide and your scatch addressed all chips memory. If so i think i just need to overwrite the code and i'm all set. Unless i'm wrong. lol

•PROGRAMMER.force: whether or not to send the "-F" parameter to avrdude, which ignores signature mismatches. Defaults to false if omitted.

Platforms - arduino - The format of files and folders in an Arduino hardware platform. - Arduino is an open-source electronics prototyping platform based on flexible, easy-to-use hardware and software. - Google Project Hosting

Tried this avrispv2.force=true in programmers.txt but that didn't work

Can i also specifiy this speed or is this too fast? avrispv2.speed=128000

My settings are jelly board, programmer v2 you did and upload using programmer.
avrdude currently supports AtMega328P-PU, not AtMega328-PU. That one letter difference is causing your heartache. It's a bit disconcerting that "avrispv2.force=true" didn't work as it was supposed to, but I am not really that surprised. However, I have never had this error pop up.

Are you trying to burn a bootloader onto your chip? This is not necessary, as your ISP programmer takes the place of the bootloader.