View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 11:10 AM   #37 (permalink)
NoD~
Master EcoModder

Frogger - '00 Honda Insight Gas Only (unHybrid)
90 day: 68.51 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4drturbo View Post
But will it be okay having it like what I have pictured? You mentioned you had it like that for years. I just don't want to blow any seals out or anything. I don't mind if there is more resistance when steering doing it that way. I just don't know if it is worth it for me to get some expensive fittings and some hex caps for where I have the lines looped.

Thanks for the prompt response. I appreciate it.
It will work, just not as effectively. What you can do, though, is loop the other line was well. That will make more difference in ease of turn. Just put two hoses on the two nipples on the rack, turn that steering wheel far over each direction a few times, then loop it. Otherwise, if you just want to loop at the pinion, you'll have a lot more resistance when you want to turn and make very low speed to a stop turning work you out!

It didn't most me much to convert mine completely over. More work than money, that's for sure! I ended up cutting up reusing the stock caps and just buying a thin sheet of DIY gasket rubber, cut out the gasket to fit the caps, then put them on. I might have used some silicone to extra seal it... Heck, if you can pull it apart and take the piston out and just grease it up good, you can keep a looped line on to keep the gunk out. That would cost you grease and that's about it!