View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 05:00 PM   #56 (permalink)
aluminumwelder
EcoModding Lurker

burton I think you are the type of person that likes to buy the best product once. I do that too, but for things I use infrequently I do realize I could of saved a lot of money if I had bought something more in tune with my needs.

Yes 250dx has more features than a ahp alpha 200x, they are features you will probably never use.

as far as warranties go, none of the chinese cheap welders have a good reputation on any welding forum, and none of them NOT even american companies pay for you to return gear, it's always on your dime.

My cheap $90 lincoln helmet goes dark on high frequency start as well. I've never had a headache from using it hours on end either. Lowes, and harbor freight have a 90 day return policy if you find out you do not like the helmet.

I've never used my air cooled torch so much that it was too hot to handle. The fact of the matter is when you are doing custom fabrication work, you spend 10% of the time welding and 90% of the time cleaning and positioning welds. Duty cycle is for people that are doing welding all day long, not a few hours at a time. Yes my lincoln water cooled package is smaller and nicer to hold, but not worth the extra cost.
I wound up getting an after market Hobart air cooled torch that was small for my longevity after a while anyways.