View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 10:20 PM   #24 (permalink)
cbaber
Master EcoModder

Lean and Mean - '98 Honda Civic HX
Team Honda
90 day: 46.69 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_sol View Post
I'd love to see a kaamback that still allows the use of the trunk.

Everybody on here always says a Del sol would be a prime candidate because of the "targa" style rooftop, but I've never seen anybody pull it off yet....even me

I still have my fiberglassed driver side rear wheel skirt that I built for my old del sol in my garage. Not sure how much shipping would be to your location?
My plan of attack is to form a fiberglass kammback using methods the car audio guys use to build custom sub enclosures. I'll need to construct a rough template, then use small foam pieces to form smooth transitions, and finally stretch some fabric over it so I can lay down fiber.

I plan to attach it to the back of the rear window arch with a hinge so you can lift the kammback up and still retain use of the trunk. I'll probably utilize the rear spoiler as a rear mounting area so I can lock down the kammback securely, and when I need to open it just reach in and unlatch it.

Or I have also though about reversing the direction the trunk opens. This way I can form the fiberglass right onto the trunk (for seamless install) and then the whole assembly will open the opposite way a trunk normally opens. I would make some sort of latch by the rear window.