View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 12:00 AM   #538 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbaber View Post
Filled up last night, it was my first 500 mile tank! 51 MPG, 9.9 gallons. I could go farther but I never let a tank use more than 10 gallons if possible.
Cool. Congrats! I also try to avoid going over 10 gallons. When you go much past 10.5 the fuel pump has trouble keeping pressure up and the car will often stall on bump start or key start. You can always solve that by double-keying to prime the pump, but that's a PITA.

BTW, I also did a fill-up. I'm confused. My numbers are not climbing in the heat like they should. But I can't really tell what the cause it because I have changed several things about my driving technique: shift points, DFCO, and more freeway, and some steady cruising. I probably just answered my own question. ...see fuel log if curious.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.