View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 02:31 PM   #271 (permalink)
hyper-miler
EcoModding Lurker

Hyosung - '07 Hyosung gt250r
90 day: 55.49 mpg (US)

Burgman - '07 Burgman 650 k7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton View Post

That stated do you have any side profile pictures of your beastly machine?

We can figure out the center of pressure and we can see if center of gravity is behind the center of pressure. ^_^
Here are the angles I sketched up in Solidworks compared to the Monotracer and the insight. Note:Accuracy of the angles is an estimate since the angle of the shot is not the same in all shots.

Before:

After:

Monotracer angles

Insight Angles

Vic's Ninja Angles

I will photoshop how the tail will look. The plan is to reduce the angle of attack into the wind by decreasing the angle of the windshield with plexiglass.

Lowes wants $67 for a 4'-3' (.080" thick) piece~$5.58/sq. ft(w/ -$10 of 50) =$57 or $4.75/sq ft. The current windshield is .155" thick (don't know the material). I found another supplier who is providing it for $2.8/sq ft (.08" thick). He also sells .093" and .118".

Should I buy thicker plexiglass? How thick? It will act as windshield and windows.
If anyone reading this wants to see something (sunroof,windshield wipers .... you name it) added let me know. I will try to engineer it in before proceeding. Also feel free to help engineer the front through photoshop or cad drawings.

Last edited by hyper-miler; 05-29-2014 at 11:22 PM..