View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 11:13 AM   #113 (permalink)
bobdbilder
EcoModding Lurker

Knight - '03 Proton Waja
90 day: 37.15 mpg (US)

Whoopee - '01 Proton Wira 1.3 Aeroback
90 day: 38.69 mpg (US)
I had my fair share of experience with nay sayers. My advice is to keep hanging on. If your intent is pure and true, veils shall be set aside.

My own thoughts on this is that it is workable. But it needs a bit more work. This presumption is based on my previous work for Draeger a German company that makes gas detectors. Most of my clients are in the oil and gas business. If you are talking about misinformation, O+G is the king of propaganda. As you may well know. I can say it now coz they've kicked me out and I have no intentions of getting back in. What I have learned is that if there is too much against you; you must be doing something good.

The problem that I see is energy used for the process. If you use independent power source like a solar cell, you get HHO production even while the car sits parked under the sun. Which is ok because you do not want to produce too much because of storage issues. Hydrogen is highly combustible especially in the presence of O2 - 4%by volume in air. But it also has an upper limit of 65%by volume. That is when there is insufficient O2 to burn. You can say its 'saturated' or too rich to cause a fire. Again that's the condition in air (16% O2). No stainless steel containers as H2 tends to cause mechanical structure issues with SS in the long run. You would need measurement such as from catalytic sensor (wheatstone bridge) to stop production at a certain limit. So the sensor would be connected to a transistor or optical couplers. The amount generated is small but it is still savings. Any savings is good. Therefore, try starting from small and then build up. Kaizen.