Thread: Telemarketers
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 02:39 PM   #29 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 31.19 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XYZ View Post
Unless you pay for caller ID you won't know who is calling. No device can select which calls to reject or know when to apply your device.

The whole reason why telemarketing calls are annoying it because they prompt you to answer the phone. It's even more annoying if you are expecting an important call and you have to get down off a ladder or hurry from the bathroom to answer the phone - only to find it's an unwanted sales pitch.

If you have voice mail you can ignore the ringing phone and return the call at your convenience if it's important. Other than that, if you happen to answer the phone you might as well tell the marketer not to call you again. The louder, more unpleasant and more strongly worded your response is, the better.
I like how my sister's home phone announces who is calling, but she says only telemarketers use it.

Yes, that requires caller ID, and giving up your rotary phone.

With that kid's device, everybody gets the clicking, but humans would think little or nothing of it, while machines would allegedly hang up immediately. With my idea, you have the satisfaction of sounding a foghorn in your antagonist's headset.