View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 05:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
Ecky
Master EcoModder

ND Miata - '15 Mazda MX-5 Special Package
90 day: 42.54 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,547 Posts
Did a super thorough inspection of the car.

1. Looks like I'm in need of a rear engine mount, it's broken but not causing any issues yet. No chunks missing.

2. The passenger front tire air-dam aero panel is missing.

3. For some reason the front pans are hanging a little low, though apparently intact. The aluminum panel is bent in one corner. There's a small plate with two bolts on the bottom of the oil pan right in the middle with no obvious purpose, and I wonder if there isn't supposed to be something that supports the aero pans there?

4. The passenger middle aero panel is actually half missing, so I pulled what remained off. The previous owner had zip-tied it to the fuel and brake lines.

I'll probably replace it with something made of coroplast. The pans in the middle are 64" in length and 23" wide.

5. The front bumper is sagging a bit because it's missing two bolts(?) between the headlights. I also had to adjust the hood latch up just a hair to get it to close securely, even though nothing appears to be bent or damaged. Might be because of the bumper.

6. Apparently I have 3 Michelin Energy Savers, and one Potenza RE92 (passenger rear).

Good things:

Turns out the previous owner had already replaced the front speakers. Behind the grilles, I found a pair of Sony Xplod GT1626A's (40w RMS). I never would have expected, because they still sound pretty miserable. Hopefully a bit of amplification will help.