View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 05:49 PM   #16 (permalink)
Ecky
Master EcoModder

ND Miata - '15 Mazda MX-5 Special Package
90 day: 40.51 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,513 Times in 1,553 Posts
Inflated all of the tires up to 50PSI, and did some research on my issue with the locks. The engine bay is amazingly clean!

Here's the remaining (rear) half of the passenger middle aero panel:

Looks like not having that particular panel for a bit won't hurt too much. It's pretty flat through that area:

Also bent the aluminum panel in the front back into shape.

Took some 120v electrical cord and ran it from the battery through a grommet into the passenger footwell, for my amplifier.

I have four Rockford Fosgate 6.75" speakers laying around, but sadly only 6.5" speakers fit in the doors. They're both too deep, and too big around to fit. They do, however, fit behind the seats:

Amp and rear speakers in place. When I next open the battery box, I'll re-route the speaker wires.

Ground location:

The front speakers with amplification no longer distort at any reasonable volume, and sound worlds better. They still have no bass, and sound a bit like they're playing from inside a tin can. I may replace them at a later point if I find myself needing to dispose of money. Amp is a Kenwood KAC-8401 (320w RMS). The rear speakers sound better in the Insight than they did in my Del Sol, and provide a reasonable amount of bass. I have a sub I may put in too, but this will do for now. I placed an order for a nice head unit with some basic equalizer functions.

Last edited by Ecky; 06-24-2014 at 06:21 PM..