View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014, 04:48 PM   #57 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,393 Times in 3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecomodded View Post
Are the Courts WRONG TO ??? ridiculous

I will leave you with your Duck love , I personally hate them..and would not eat one again..

Life in Jail ? I doubt it ..
I'm indifferent towards ducks.

2 people lost their lives, and now the Duck Lady is loosing a good portion of hers.

While both the motorcyclist and Duck Lover are guilty of being a hazard, the Duck Lover's sentence was too severe.

She had no malicious intent, and I'm sure would not have stopped if she believed it would likely kill someone. Further, if nobody had hit her, she would only have received a citation instead of a prison sentence. Why does the luck of the outcome have anything to do with the severity of the punishment? Many people have caused dangerous situations that could have resulted in death, but the particular circumstances did not happen, so they were not charged with severe crimes.

It is not reasonable to charge the woman with any additional punishment over someone would receive for doing the exact same thing with no idiots rear-ending them.

The tragedy is that the deaths of the motorcyclists could have been avoided by better decisions by the Duck Lover, and the tragedy is furthered by courts that could have made better decisions about the punishment of the Duck Lover.

Finally, knowing you are partially responsible for the death of 2 people is a heavy punishment in itself. I'd rather spend 10 years in prison in exchange for bringing 2 people back to life than to live free knowing I was responsible for their deaths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
Can aftermarket back-up cameras zoom? I have known people who said they received speeding tickets after unmarked SUVs tailgated them, so they sped up, repeatedly, until pretty lights came out of nowhere.
I've fallen "victim" to this before. An SUV was rapidly approaching me in the left lane, so I sped up because the closing rate seemed unsafe to me. Then he began tailgating, so I sped up further so I could get ahead of the car to my right, and move over. Once I moved over and slowed down, the cop followed and issued me a ticket. I suppose I could have slowed down to move over to the right, but allowing traffic to pass in the slow lane while some apparent hot-head is bearing down didn't occur to me.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Last edited by redpoint5; 06-25-2014 at 05:58 PM..