View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014, 06:55 PM   #113 (permalink)
Ironside
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
I keep going back to the calculator and fitting in all the variables. Personally, 50 to 55 is my preferred cruising speed so I'd probably go for maximum torque right there. That would work out at about 100 rpm per mph in top.

What sprocket ratio would that be ?
I've not calculated exactly, but it would be close to 17 - 33, not enough room in the casing for a 17t and a 33 rear would have to be custom made. The closest I can get would be a 16 - 34 which equates to 109 rpm per mph. close enough I think.

Quote:
Do you have any reflection or glare from your headlight as it shines through the windscreen ?
Surprising as it may seem, I've never actually ridden in the dark scince fitting the fairing, I think the headlamp bulb is 30 watts, so pretty pathetic. At this time of year it doesn't get dark here until 9.30, so I've just been to the garage to check.
Even with a dirty screen it's not a problem, I look over the screen not through it, and because of the acute angle of the screen any glare is reflected downwards.

Quote:
Having the headlamp behind the windscreen doesn't really look so good...
I agree, but it is much more aerodynamic. I could try to integrate Toyota Prius headlamps into the fairing to quote Craig Vetter ' it would be more trouble than it's worth ', plus a weight penalty.

Ironside.

P.S.
PeterS - Have you located a donor yet ?