View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 02:47 AM   #6604 (permalink)
jedsmd
PLUGnGO

End Panel details

Cut a piece of ABS the size of the end of the controller. I used 1/8" sheet because I had some, I think 1/4" might be better. Cut and drill holes for cables and connectors.

Cut a strip of 1/8" ABS about an inch wide that is long enough to wrap over the top and sides of the controller. Better to cut it a little long and trim it after bending.

Cut a piece of 2x4 the same size as the end plate.

With a heat gun warm the strip where you will bend the first corner.

When it it gets floppy bend it around the corner of the 2x4. Press it against the 2x4 to make the corner square and the sides nice and flat.

Do the second corner and the length of the top should come out a perfect fit to the top of the controller. Trim the sides of the strip to fit the sides of the controller.

Cut a piece of 1/4" thick plywood to the size of the end plate or slightly smaller. Lay the 1/4" plywood on a flat surface you don't love.

Apply abs cement along the edge of the endplate where it contacts the strip.

Place the endplate face down on the plywood and press the strip firmly against the faceplate on all edges. Use two hands - I'm trying to take a picture.

That should do it just trim excess glue and you are ready to slide it onto the end of the controller.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jedsmd For This Useful Post:
apowers (07-03-2014), duncan (07-03-2014), flores (07-03-2014), MPaulHolmes (07-03-2014), mpgmike (01-23-2022), Sunny2 (07-13-2014)