View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 02:09 PM   #155 (permalink)
jamesqf
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by XYZ View Post
You frame this in terms of "stupid" vs. "smart". Irrational vs. irrational may be a more fitting description. BTW, "stupid" and "crazy" are two very different states of mind.
And your point?

[/quote]As I said, the technology does exist, but it is politically unwelcome under the current administration.[/quote]

OK, show us how it's possible to produce energy from coal without generating CO2. Then tell us what on Earth politics have, or should have, to do with science.

Quote:
What is the ordinance about diesel truck idling? It probably doesn't fall under the construction ordinance of noise before 7 AM.
What, you expect me to look up & cite local & ordinances for you? You ask too much.

Quote:
What threats did he make against you?
Basically, that he was going to beat the crap out of me, and coming after me with fists raised.

Quote:
HUH? You don't have a "right" to "natural air"..."going". What does that phrase mean?
You do speak English, don't you? What I mean is that I (like anyone else) have the right to whatever the outside air happens to be, whether it's a nice cool early morning breeze, or hot and dry afternoon wind.

Quote:
"If there is one"??? In your earlier posts you made it sound like this is a regularly occurring event.
His idling diesel pickup is the regularly-occuring event. His physical threats were the one-time thing.