View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 11:16 PM   #156 (permalink)
XYZ
Banned

Originally Posted by XYZ
You frame this in terms of "stupid" vs. "smart". Irrational vs. irrational may be a more fitting description. BTW, "stupid" and "crazy" are two very different states of mind.
Quote:
And your point?
The point may be that you still don't understand the difference.

Re: coal technology:

As I said, the technology does exist, but it is politically unwelcome under the current administration.

Quote:
OK, show us how it's possible to produce energy from coal without generating CO2. Then tell us what on Earth politics have, or should have, to do with science.
This thread began with and is still about taxation, even though it drifted into the area of your personal disputes with your neighbor.

Feel free to begin a new and different topical thread disputing the use of coal resources.

Quote:
What is the ordinance about diesel truck idling? It probably doesn't fall under the construction ordinance of noise before 7 AM.

Quote:
What, you expect me to look up & cite local & ordinances for you? You ask too much.
No - It's your problem. If you had any sense you would have looked up and cited local ordinances for YOU. Apparently you did, for you quoted them to us. YOU live there. We don't. It's YOUR problem - and you, and no one else but you gets to resolve your problem.

Quote:
What threats did he make against you?
Quote:
Basically, that he was going to beat the crap out of me, and coming after me with fists raised.
Do you expect us to believe that you never said or did anything prior to this to escalate it to this level?

Quote:
HUH? You don't have a "right" to "natural air"..."going". What does that phrase mean?
Quote:
You do speak English, don't you?
Yes, which is why I asked. Your sentence as stated was vague, bordering on incomprehensible.
Quote:
What I mean is that I (like anyone else) have the right to whatever the outside air happens to be, whether it's a nice cool early morning breeze, or hot and dry afternoon wind.
Including smelling your neighbor's truck, IF and when he is within the law.

If he is, then your supposed "right" is a figment of your personal imagination and desire - not one of the real world in which everyone lives.

Quote:
"If there is one"??? In your earlier posts you made it sound like this is a regularly occurring event.

Quote:
His idling diesel pickup is the regularly-occuring event. His physical threats were the one-time thing.
In your previous posts you already cited the various laws, yet you didn't call the cops back to enforce any of them. Since you didn't, it makes your story less than accurate or convincing.

It "takes two to tango". It sounds like you are a part of the problem with your neighbor.