View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 04:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,391 Times in 3,365 Posts
Most people have a tendency to treat dating and relationships with the same level of care they exercise in picking out a wardrobe. They are so preoccupied with the excitement of the new relationship that they don't pay enough attention to what it means to be so vulnerable with another person, or whether that person can be trusted.

Choosing a mate to have an intimate relationship with has many risks, and that requires rational evaluation at a time when emotions and "chemistry" are screaming in an attempt to drown out reason.

Choosing a person to commit to in marriage is the most important decision anyone can make in life. It affects every aspect of life from then on. The decision to marry demands more consideration than any other life choice; way more than what school to go to, or what career path to follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltothewolf View Post
Ah, online dating. After getting raped because of that Crap, I tend to warn people about it. Be careful out there Xist it's a cruel world.
Not to diminish the cruelty of your experience; online dating had nothing to do with the choice depraved people make when they commit rape. The behavior has existed long before technology, and will persist into the next medium of meeting people.

Your advise to exercise caution is important no matter how you interact with a person. I would further suggest that slowly getting to know someone in a public environment is another way to increase safety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsterpower View Post
When interacting with women, it is important to remember they are really a completely different species. They think and act completely differently than men usually do. Passion, emotion, and intuition rule their decissions, not logic.
I have a formula for decission making when it involves a women. "Logic over-rules indifference, Passion over-rules logic."
That reminds me of this man's attempt at understanding women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
I know that my wife is constantly saying how cute or hot other women are on tv...
Women were going out of their way to dress seductively on the 4th, and I noticed them. More than that, I noticed my wife noticing the other women. When a girl in short-shorts would walk by, I could see the eyes of my wife shift from high to low; fully checking out the competition.

A woman will spend as much time checking out other women as they do men. Knowing your competition is just as important as knowing what it is you want.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Last edited by redpoint5; 07-06-2014 at 05:21 PM..