View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 05:35 AM   #9 (permalink)
MilanoVX
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmeat View Post
Just for curiosity's sake, what would make you want to sell a car that everybody on here would kill or die for? I don't know if I could do it.

Nice car, I'd drive it til it drops!
LOL thanks To be utterly honest, I first bought the car with intentions to daily drive it, few months down the line I wanted to swap a D16 head on it and boost it, few more months down the line I just wanted to lower it on a Koni/GC setup and get a Spoon duckbill but, in the end I decided against all that as any of those choices would ruin the originality of the car.

I have been wanting a 1997-1998 model 240sx S14 for about 2 years now and to be completely honest i've become rather impatient and don't really want to wait and save up enough to be able to purchase the S14 without having to sell the VX ( stupid I know ) so I want to use the money that i'll get from this car along with some extra cash to buy the S14.

As of right now, I don't really know what'll happen but, like I said it's only a testing waters post for the time being. I've been asked in person quite a few times if I was interested in selling it as well. Just today I was asked by an older gentleman if I wanted to sell the car (he knew what the VX was etc.) and i've had a few notes left on the car as well (which I've held on to for s*its & giggles).

I just looked up the cost of the new idler pulley and i'm going to check out the procedure of replacing it tomorrow. If it's fairly easy that'll be taken care of as well along with the CV axles. Aside from that, you can judge what might possibly be needed using the maintenance log I have created.

I'll probably do the thermostat (with a VX specific replacement) as well as distributor cap/rotor and a new set of plugs just as preventative maintenance. After replacing the oil pan gasket (and driving for 1000 miles) I have not seen any new signs of oil leakage (thank God) and the oil level has remained constant. When I do decide to actually sell the car, it'll be fully detailed and i'll have pictures of all corners of the car with more detailed engine bay shots, interior shots as well as pictures of the bottom of the car (frame). Car has dents here and there (by no means is this a perfect car) and I have been contemplating hiring a PDR guy to sort that out. Next worst thing would be the tail gate having a dent in it (not sure what happened here) but, the tail gates are fairly cheap and easy to replace if it bugs the buyer that much. Like I said the ad will be much more detailed once it's ready to be put on the market.

I'm sure at this point you realize how much I actually enjoy the car and can see why the only reason I want to sell it is to speed up the process of me buying my next car but, we'll see. I think it's fairly stupid to sell this car with gas prices in CA being what they are.