View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 07:50 AM   #15 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
I did some checking and it looks like, from the information I could glean from the internet, that Honda uses a sensor in the distributor to accomplish what Nissan did with the flywheel ring gear sensor. If that is the case then the transmissions would be interchangeable without 0BD2 issues.

Sorry for the misinformation. Also Calcivic has spent a lot of time on this subject in his pursuit of mileage. I think his knowledge trumps my own being more Honda specific compared to mine which was Nissan speciifc.

Also his post about the shift shaft seal is spot on above and beyond my own.

The part I posted about putting your ear on the shifter to listen for imput shaft bearing noise is still relevant. I used to test for tranny bearing noises by getting the car up to about 30 MPH, turning the engine off with the clutch disengaged and downshifting as the car slowed down, which would make the transmission bearing noises much more obvious. This assumes the tranny is in a functional car, which is not the case with many used transmissions and one should always be aware of "used" transmissions and the reason they were removed in the first place.

Personally I have always felt that the "if it ain't broke, don't "fix" it, as that can, in many cases, turn into much more work than was originally anticipated.

regards
Mech

Last edited by user removed; 07-09-2014 at 09:33 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to user removed For This Useful Post:
California98Civic (07-09-2014)