View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 11:47 PM   #66 (permalink)
Varn
Do more with less

OD - '05 Ford Econoline
90 day: 18.64 mpg (US)

Joetta - '86 Volkswagen Jetta Turbo Oil Burner
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 49.71 mpg (US)

Benzilla - '85 Mercedes Benz 300D
90 day: 28.08 mpg (US)
We may have a good garden this year too. Our apple orchard is doing great. Blackberry crop is probably sold. Our pears not so good. Been pulling lots of squash, by the wagon load. Tomatos are coming on.

Of course this was not precisely about God or where food comes from. I saw it in jest here, but a friend who works at a prison bakery as a manager asked his inmates that question.

The most common answer was "from the store." He would say where does the store get their food and the answer was inevitably "from the back of the store". These were mostly lower educated urban guys but I am sure many of them are serious.

We need to keep in mind the importance of agriculture. Without a massive system that is feeding, what is it 7 billion people. There would be mass starvation. People that live in urban areas mainly are ignorant about what goes on in the rural areas.

I originally posted it in general as there was a poster who made a thread about black smoke being emitted from trucks as a political message. Was it moved as well?

“Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe.

The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed.”

Noah Webster, 1787