View Single Post
Old 07-13-2014, 04:14 AM   #154 (permalink)
figit090
EcoModding Lurker

Black Bovine - '86 Toyota Supra N/A base
90 day: 16.86 mpg (US)

Grey Sandy - '03 Toyota Rav4 Sport Package
90 day: 21.3 mpg (US)

Panda - '03 Volkswagen Jetta TDI wagon GLS
90 day: 44.17 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbovr41991 View Post
I normally just email Brent, but he says he responds to phone/ voicemail as well.

With the tuned ECU I now use tunerview 2 and an MPGuino. That combo seems to be ideal for monitoring. With running lean all the time, I constantly monitor water temp as it creates a lot of heat. I was running near 200 degrees a lot, so I moved my grill block air intake to the side of the radiator and now temps stay around 190-194.

A kill switch is probably the best mod you can do. Start using it when you are coasting off an exit ramp. It is shocking how much gas that saves. I used to use DFCO, but the kill switch allows for a longer coast and is less wear and tear on the drivetrain.

I really don't have any newer pictures, but there should be plenty of older ones in this thread. I probably should take some new pictures of it. I got my hands on some brand new OEM Honda headlights and they look amazing. No more headlight polishing for me!

I have been really busy at work and doing house projects. Big plans to do a belly pan and kamback, but need to find time to do it.

Nice car, it looks great! I'm a fan of stock-looking cars that aren't mutililated or reminiscent of something you'd see on a test track or an aerospace testing lab, great job!