View Single Post
Old 07-13-2014, 12:55 PM   #162 (permalink)
vrmouseyd15b
ALL UP ON THE INTERWEB!!!

skidmark - super snail - '89 honda civic wagon WAGOVAN
Team "Old SKOOL"
90 day: 30.87 mpg (US)

Pituca - '19 Honda Insight Touring
90 day: 39.34 mpg (US)
I read thru the thread, but didn't notice what ecu TURBOVR is running. did anybody catch it?

I met TURBOVR in Cincinatti a few weeks ago and bought a vx tranny from him, he might still have another one, ready to go! - http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...ale-28931.html (THANKS, TURBOVR!!! )
I'm curious about the whole " are we in lean burn quesion " because my p2j ecu does have a lean burn indicator light.

37820-P2j-j62 in my case. I'm pretty sure the whole p2j ecu family uses the lean burn indicator light.
IT IS A SWITCHED GROUND FROM PIN A30, A30 TO THE INDICATOR BULB, SWITCHED 12V POWER TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BULB. (most pinout diagrams call this pin "un-used")

My "lean burn indicator" is a custom "happy light" above 4500 rpm on my gauges. "check engine" is above 5500 rpm's. here is a shot with key on, engine off:

as far as the "rules of lean burn" go, it seems they change quite a bit from ecu to ecu.. In my minion, I've noticed that I can lean burn at speeds AS LOW AS 20MPH WITH RPM'S JUST OVER 1000!!!

AND I CAN ENTER LEAN BURN ANYWHERE BETWEEN 1000 - 2800 RPM WITHOUT ANYTHING OTHER THAN LETTING OFF THE GAS FOR A SECOND, AND GOING BACK INTO IT NICE AND EASY, IT JUST WONT COME ON BELOW 20MPH / 1000RPM.

I think this is beacuse my ecu is a JDM example, and the JDM stuff doesn't seem to worry about pollution, or HURTING ANYBODY'S FEELINGS LIKE THE AMERICAN'S!!!

My switch to the vx tranny has been my greatest economy mod since the d15b dual vtec motor. ( I'm following anything regarding the d15z1 or similar now, since that will be the next mod to hit my minion )

The taller gearing of the VX tranny makes getting into lean burn much easier versus the lx manual tranny i started with...

71ish mph VX: about 2350 rpm

70mph LX: about 2850 rpm

With the rpm drop at the same speeds, I can lean burn almost anywhere!

MY BIGGEST PROBLEM IS A HEAVY FOOT, and lack of aero / EOC / weight reduction!

case in point:

so, what ecu's are you guys running?