View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 10:06 PM   #55 (permalink)
Davo53209@yahoo.com
EcoModding Apprentice

Question

Final update. As of yesterday, I'd received my OEM catalytic converter from Majestic Honda and installed it today.

Word to the wise, for those who are about to undertake this project, buy the OEM hardware for the converter studs from Honda. The 10mm nuts that you get from the auto parts store are too wide, where as your socket will not fit over the nut, and will ride against the curved channels on each side of the exhaust manifold.

Had I known this sooner, I would have saved myself a lot of time & frustration; but fortunately, there's a Honda dealership that was close to me which sold them for ninety-six cents apiece. After that, it all came together fast.

After, I torqued everything down to specs, I checked for exhaust leaks and then took the car for an hour test drive (i.e. I had just jumped the battery). With only one exception, everything about the installation went smooth. For the most part, the hunting idle is gone; but for some reason, it appears to come back whenever I have the heater on.... What do you guys make of that situation?