View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 10:24 PM   #22 (permalink)
figit090
EcoModding Lurker

Black Bovine - '86 Toyota Supra N/A base
90 day: 16.86 mpg (US)

Grey Sandy - '03 Toyota Rav4 Sport Package
90 day: 21.3 mpg (US)

Panda - '03 Volkswagen Jetta TDI wagon GLS
90 day: 44.17 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwichse View Post
The Insight is barely slower to 60mph than the HX, but is infinitely more tossable. 2nd gear is good though something like 60mph, and the three banger pulls sweetest around 4-4.5krpm. Of all the cars I've owned, I had the MOST fun in my Insight, and at wrecking time I'd put 40k on it averaging 69.2 mpg (even with having some occasional fun). That's tank records, not display calculated.

Only another week or so before I get to go pick up the basket case I'm getting for free . I've been Insightless for 2 years now and it's been killing me. Currently driving an 04 Civic and it feels like a big fat turtle in comparison.
interesting, probably because of the weight I suppose.

Anyway I'm going to ask we get back on topic, I seemed to have helped this thread turn into an insight thread.

Anyone have experience with both generations of civic HX??

When I told my mom about getting a 96-2000 civic hx, she was telling me I should go for something newer, but I'm not sure that's a good idea or not. Personally I like the 2000 era best, especially the facelifted version of that generation.

I haven't driven either though, I've only driven a 2-door civic from the previous generation (pre 1996) but I assume it's similar