View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 10:59 PM   #762 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Maybe they will get the idea when you pass them 5 times at the next light, only to see them race ahead of you when if they only understood that the next light will not change quickly enough for them. I drive the road enough to know the light timing by heart and 47 MPH CAN get you past over a dozen lights but if you go 50 (45 zone) you will get too close to the next red and the rest of the racer boys are waiting there for the light to change.

Slow down and you get nailed with a yellow that turns red at precisely the wrong moment.

For me the worst lights are newly installed and they are totally tripped and change very quickly especially the one thatmakes you stop and climb a hill to get up to 55 again.

They did change one thing lately. The left turn lights now are flashing with green light on coming traffic (versus very short left only green lights). It allows me to not have to stop and wait for the left urn only light AND I can coast to a point where I don't even have to really slow down to make the turn. What used to take a minute or more now is unbelievably better. 0 MPG or a restart is now a 100 MPG coast. It doesn't get much better than that!

regards
Mech
The Following User Says Thank You to user removed For This Useful Post:
Cobb (07-16-2014)