View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 09:06 PM   #16 (permalink)
vrmouseyd15b
ALL UP ON THE INTERWEB!!!

skidmark - super snail - '89 honda civic wagon WAGOVAN
Team "Old SKOOL"
90 day: 30.87 mpg (US)

Pituca - '19 Honda Insight Touring
90 day: 39.34 mpg (US)
OK then, did you put a jumper wire in the 2 pin plug at the front passenger seat kick panel ( it will give you a check engine light when it's in place, and if you have pending codes, they will flash ) before you set your electrical timing ( with timing light ) ?

If not, not timing may not be correct. the jumper ( with check engine light lit )allows you to adjust the electronic timing at the distributor without the ECU messing your settings all around. You might want to put a jumper in the 2 pin ( there's also a 3 pin one, I think it's called an scs connector - don't touch that ) and double check your timing with a light. This may be your whole problem. It might have been ok when you adjusted it, but as the conditions change ( temp, humidity ) the ECU will want to adjust the timing slightly. If you aren't in the " middle" of this swing, that could be it.

Make sure you are at operating temp, which usually means wasting gas idling, unless you can do it right after a drive - before you check timing. clip the plug wire closest to the harmonic balancer with your light ( farthest from the dizzy ) and check again.

( You want to be in the middle of the three marks that are close together, I run mine a little "retarded" - on the line closest to the front bumper )