View Single Post
Old 07-19-2014, 08:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
nemo
Master EcoModder

Chief - '06 Pontiac Grand Prix
90 day: 26.7 mpg (US)

SF1 - '12 Ford Fiesta S
90 day: 30.95 mpg (US)
Welcome. Do you have any form of instant mileage feed back like a Scanguage or UltraGuage? Go here for your biggest and cheapest FE increase 100+ Hypermiling / ecodriving tips & tactics for better mpg - EcoModder.com also known as "adjusting the nut behind the wheel".

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvermazda View Post

This time tried some honda sparkplugs, which were supposed to be extended tip, psudo adv timing, and one heat range colder. I felt that torque came on 500rpm earlier (i was very happy because before I had to wait to 2200 or shift higher and not let rpms drop). This led me to have 22mpg. THis is how its been since. I get a constant 22mpg in city and that's okay for the trade off in torque.
Where there any indications that the heat rang needed to be changed melting electrode or abnormal deposits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvermazda View Post

Since the short trips and me getting tired of warming up the car I wanted to try out an engine heater to speed up warm up. I was thinking of having a 600W type and using it for 10-20mins in the morning. Hoping to get 3-5mpg.
Many have used block and oil pan heater to increase mileage just use the search function to find particulars. A grill block can also help the engine heat up more quickly.