View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 08:20 PM   #853 (permalink)
Astro
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
Take your time deciding on a contactor. I just lost around 16 hours of work (over the last 2 days) on the PCB, because it got corrupted by DesignSpark! They are working on it, to see if it can be recovered. Most of the time was spent on the layout for the driver section. Well, I finally decided on a good driver section layout. They can't erase it from my mind! The schematic part is done now. So, it's just laying it out and routing it again, and hoping it doesn't happen again. I reinstalled designSpark. Hopefully that will help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro View Post
Ouch, having to do all that rework is horrible.
Best to think of it as a chance to improve upon what you lost.
Not sure how to put a positive spin on the lost 16 hours tho.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
I've finally got a new layout that is BETTER than before! Hurray! It was worth losing the other one. Well, they are similar to each other, but this one is a tiny bit better. The driver section symmetry is so glorious I can hardly stand it. haha. I want to tell it to stop being beautiful, but it just won't listen!
Sounds good. Symmetry is good, makes fault finding easier.
Of course any bugs in the design will be repeated in each driver section.

Also have to say, your post lacked the pictures that would have enabled the rest of us to bask in the radiant glow of the improved driver sections.

PS. Moved the reply over to this thread as i think it fits better than in the contactor thread.

Last edited by Astro; 07-24-2014 at 08:21 PM.. Reason: Spelling, doh.
The Following User Says Thank You to Astro For This Useful Post:
MPaulHolmes (07-24-2014)