View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 02:30 AM   #18 (permalink)
2000mustang fan
EcoModding Lurker

SilverStang - '00 Ford Mustang
90 day: 22.23 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakster View Post
Very nice car. I've always liked the late-90s/early-2000s Mustangs. I remember when they came out with the current body style, I was thinking: "Yes! Finally the previous style will depreciate enough for me to afford one" since everyone was clamoring for the new version.

20-mpg isn't a bad track record. I bet you could do 25-mpg with it soon enough .
I just did 25MPG from my last fillup(not lifetime yet ), my fuel gauge is off. That was from not using the A/C and keeping the windows at a small crack, shutting the engine off once or twice because I figured i'd be I'd be idling long. and my fuel gauge told me I had half a tank left, It's only been 5 days and No way should it go down that fast I refueled just 15min ago and it only actually took 4.080Gal to fill it from half suspicious huh. So is this a Fuel pump problem or an O2 sensor problem I'm not mech savvy with cars. After I do my AeroMods I'm sure I'll get even better MPG, I've been practicing "puse-n-Glide" a bit. Its working for me, Now I just hope I can get a scangauge II soon, but if it's a problem with the sensor My fuel pump might need to be replaced first