View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 11:51 AM   #26 (permalink)
MetroMPG
Batman Junior

Blackfly - '98 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Last 3: 70.09 mpg (US)

MPGiata - '90 Mazda Miata
90 day: 52.71 mpg (US)

Even Fancier Metro - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage top spec
90 day: 70.75 mpg (US)

Appliance car - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (base)
90 day: 52.48 mpg (US)
Thanked 6,960 Times in 3,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydave View Post
You gonna put a boat tail on this one?
No plans to -- no trailer hitch for easy attachment points. Also, I'm only planning to keep the car for one winter, so won't be investing a huge amount of time in mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleMelanesian View Post
Wow. My Fit is 50@50 and you're up there at 55.9. Nice.
Yes, nice... IF those numbers are close to being accurate. Time will tell (and I'll post an update of course).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarguy01 View Post
Nice find. Did you say it needed new tires? It might roll even better after you get those.
Yup, that's possible. Though my goal is keeping costs down for re-sale (probably used tires), instead of finding the best LRR.

Unfortunately, I just missed out on a great two birds/one stone situation: someone local was selling a set of Civic hybrid rims with original LRR tires for $250! I would have snapped those right up (they sold).

Quote:
I noticed the same thing when I went from my Metro sedan to the Civic. The Metro didn't coast very well but my Civic seems to go and go.

I think you are also noticing that the Civic is much nicer inside. While most (outside of this forum...) would argue a Civic isn't a luxury car, it does feel luxurious after driving a Metro. I am not trying to insult the Metro, either!
It definitely makes the Firefly feel like the very basic, lightweight machine it is.

On the other hand, I also just discovered one of the Civic's rear power windows doesn't work... and that's a problem I will never, ever have with the Flea!
Ecodriving test: Manual vs. automatic transmission MPG showdown

EcoModder
has launched a forum for the efficient new Mitsubishi Mirage
www.MetroMPG.com - fuel efficiency info for Geo Metro owners
www.ForkenSwift.com - electric car conversion on a beer budget