View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 02:08 PM   #25 (permalink)
sarguy01
Master EcoModder

Mazda5 - '12 Mazda 5
90 day: 25.22 mpg (US)

Big D - '11 Dodge Durango Crew
90 day: 18.75 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XYZ View Post
ROTFL!!! That's why Virginia made them illegal. Because they DO work. Also, the law is unconstitutional. You have a right to receive radio signals, and a radar detector is basically a signal receiver. All the other states that had such laws "saw the handwriting on the wall" and repealed them. I recall reading that the reason why they are still illegal in Virginia is because every time a legal challenge is brought by a lawyer, the courts drop the citation for the detector, so that their law remains on the books and not struck down by a higher court.

I won't be moving to Virginia - ever, due to things like this. Not that I speed very often, but living in a police state doesn't appeal to me.

That does sound a bit preachy, doesn't it? I guess I'm not a devout ecomodder...
I don't care if they work or not. I just learned to drive the speed limit and I won't need a radar detector.

And you mentioned a lawyer. So now, I get a radar detector and get caught, go to court after paying my lawyer, etc, etc. I just spent how much time and money on something because I wanted to speed? Lawyers are expensive.

I don't know what you are. But, when thinking of Eco friendly people, do you think of people that are getting speeding tickets?

This is a public forum that you chose to come into, so you get to read everyone's opinion. I have one, like everyone else.

Last edited by sarguy01; 08-01-2014 at 02:14 PM..