View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 08:42 AM   #41 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
There are plenty of nuts here already. After reading Cobb's linked article, I can only hope that people actually think of VA as one giant speedtrap. Simple solution, I don't want you coming at me at 93 MPH, no friggin matter where you live or what state you came from.

You will never see me coming at you at that speed. I was charged with 80 in a 55 zone, spent a couple of minutes explaining my actions to the judge, took a driver improvement class and nothing else, ticket expunged. My grandfather made his living working the water in that county half a century ago.

Every time I see a trooper, I ask them to nail people for speeding. Watching some jackass come up on my arse at 30 MPH higher than I am going, doing the speed limit or a little less, is not my idea of entertainment and my life is being threatened.

Maybe next time I am up that way I'll drop in the court and thank the judge personally, and I mean that.

I drove from Houston to Uvalde once and I understand the frustration of a Texas driver in VA, The deer out in those wastelands are easy to spot instead of coming through your windshield like they do here, and what the dipchit did not understand is that at that speed, given those circumstances, the last thing to go through his head before that antler was?

And what happens to his supercharged Camaro when his dumb arse eats a deer at 93 MPH.

Or maybe he could get lucky and just be a cripple without crippling someone else.
How about just doing that alone Texan, from a Virginian who did it in a 12 cylinder BMW, on I 95 where all the idiots are, or at least most of them.

regards
Mech

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to user removed For This Useful Post:
California98Civic (08-05-2014), sarguy01 (08-05-2014)