Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2014, 08:42 AM   #41 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
There are plenty of nuts here already. After reading Cobb's linked article, I can only hope that people actually think of VA as one giant speedtrap. Simple solution, I don't want you coming at me at 93 MPH, no friggin matter where you live or what state you came from.

You will never see me coming at you at that speed. I was charged with 80 in a 55 zone, spent a couple of minutes explaining my actions to the judge, took a driver improvement class and nothing else, ticket expunged. My grandfather made his living working the water in that county half a century ago.

Every time I see a trooper, I ask them to nail people for speeding. Watching some jackass come up on my arse at 30 MPH higher than I am going, doing the speed limit or a little less, is not my idea of entertainment and my life is being threatened.

Maybe next time I am up that way I'll drop in the court and thank the judge personally, and I mean that.

I drove from Houston to Uvalde once and I understand the frustration of a Texas driver in VA, The deer out in those wastelands are easy to spot instead of coming through your windshield like they do here, and what the dipchit did not understand is that at that speed, given those circumstances, the last thing to go through his head before that antler was?

And what happens to his supercharged Camaro when his dumb arse eats a deer at 93 MPH.

Or maybe he could get lucky and just be a cripple without crippling someone else.
How about just doing that alone Texan, from a Virginian who did it in a 12 cylinder BMW, on I 95 where all the idiots are, or at least most of them.

regards
Mech

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to user removed For This Useful Post:
California98Civic (08-05-2014), sarguy01 (08-05-2014)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-05-2014, 12:06 PM   #42 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I've driven roads out west coming back from California, don't remember the specific route. We drove from LA straight through to Memphis TN. The road I remember was 85 MPH and you could see the headlights coming from 40 miles away. Both us and oncoming traffic was going downhill for miles. I think I watched the same headlights for 15 minutes with closing speeds in excess of 150 MPH.

That type of driving situation doesn't exist in Va. The speed limit was 85MPH. At 150 combined you are talking about a football field in a little over a second and when there is a wreck their is not much left of people or vehicles, especially if they hit something solid.

regards
Mech
Old 08-05-2014, 12:08 PM   #43 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Blinder Xtreme and Valentine1 makes sure you dont get one, otherwise keep a water bottle around to pour on your pants so you can say you were rushing to the bathroom and getting pulled over made you wet yourself(technically not a lie lol).
Old 08-05-2014, 12:14 PM   #44 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Wifes father was in his mid 80s. Cop stopped him for speeding. He told the cop he was trying to get home because he had to go #2. Cop told him it wouldn't take that long to write the ticket. Her dad told the cop it didn't matter any more, TOO LATE.

regards
Mech
The Following User Says Thank You to user removed For This Useful Post:
CargoBoatTails (08-06-2014)
Old 08-05-2014, 05:47 PM   #45 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I think we should adopt the German laws. If you want to speed go in the left lane with your left turn signal on. They are already starting to ticket the left lane hogs who go slower than the flow of traffic.

I use to travel out of state for car shows. I saw a lot of cars zip by like they was falling down hill. A few miles later Id see the same car off the side of the road either in pieces of with a police car behind them.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cobb For This Useful Post:
CargoBoatTails (08-06-2014)
Old 08-19-2014, 09:12 PM   #46 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Geo XL1 - '94 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Boat tails and more mods
90 day: 72.22 mpg (US)

Big, Bad & Flat - '01 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 21.13 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,353 Times in 711 Posts

How I beat a Speeding Ticket in California Superior Court of Appeals (Without A Lawyer)

>
The Following User Says Thank You to redneck For This Useful Post:
XYZ (08-19-2014)
Old 08-19-2014, 09:30 PM   #47 (permalink)
XYZ
Banned

This is very informative, and you are worthy of praise for posting it, as it might benefit anyone who finds himself in this situation in the future.

As I said earlier in this thread, the police and judicial system is replete with intimidation tactics, and it relies on them to wear the accused down to the point where he thinks resistance is futile.

However, if the OP doesn't have a case worth defending or lacks the intestinal fortitude to fight it, this whole thread of discussion becomes a moot point...
Old 08-24-2014, 01:02 AM   #48 (permalink)
The brake pedal is evil

Denny's Detector - '08 Mercury Grand Marquis

Taserface - '17 Chevy Volt
And here I am in a prizm that had been pushed past 90 MPH (this was the speed of traffic in the fast lane,) on a daily basis last semester (my speedometer is slow, but only at freeway speeds, I never encounter the radar speed signs on the freeway so I kinda forgot about the quirks of the speedometer until I was testing the GPS function on a smartphone.)

Old 08-24-2014, 10:36 PM   #49 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Sometime between 2,000 and 2,004, I drove home from Church and realized that a police car was following me. I was not speeding, I always come to a complete stop, I could not imagine that there was anything that I had done wrong, and I was in my suit, so I doubt they were pursuing me for white-collar crime, which I had not done anyway. I took a couple of random turns and then found some random store in the middle of a neighborhood, so I parked and went in, watching the police drive past.

Last Saturday night, I had an SUV follow me down a dark side street. Years ago, Dad had some truck or SUV tailgating him, he sped up a few times, and then they turned on pretty blue and red trucks. I knew a girl that said the same happened to her.

I do not speed. I am OCD and believe that if everyone follows the rules, nobody gets hurt. Def-def-definitely. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. However, if I have someone following me, I want to know if it is the police looking for trouble or trouble looking for me.
Old 08-24-2014, 11:11 PM   #50 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

You never can be too careful now days. I learned early on from working at the bank to take several routes home and be on the look out.

I had found someone parked at the end of my driveway one day and kept on going as I called the cops. I then came back and parked behind the guy to block him in. He turned several shades of grey as the color left his face. As I saw the cops pull up I exited my vehicle and pointed to the guy as I walked to the neighbors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
Dad had some truck or SUV tailgating him, he sped up a few times, and then they turned on pretty blue and red trucks. I knew a girl that said the same happened to her.

I do not speed. I am OCD and believe that if everyone follows the rules, nobody gets hurt. Def-def-definitely. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. However, if I have someone following me, I want to know if it is the police looking for trouble or trouble looking for me.

Reply  Post New Thread