View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 09:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
vrmouseyd15b
ALL UP ON THE INTERWEB!!!

skidmark - super snail - '89 honda civic wagon WAGOVAN
Team "Old SKOOL"
90 day: 30.87 mpg (US)

Pituca - '19 Honda Insight Touring
90 day: 39.34 mpg (US)
96 honda civic lowered 4" - just wanted to share (lots of pics)

This whole idea first fell in my lap over a year ago in the form of a free e-bay adjustable coilover set from my brother - in - law (great guy)!! *four like this:

then, of course, I would need a new set of shocks and struts and nice lower control arms, because I was planning on breaking bolts or having to cut bushings - which I did both! :

And, since those of us who know a thing or two about cars don't like the "driving on my sidewalls" look ( myself included ), I got front and rear camber adjustment hardware:

this is how my car ( the MINION ) used to sit:

after much wrenching, cussing, grinding, and a little bleeding, this is what I managed to achieve:

Finally got it onto an alignment rack today ( had to find one that was level with the ground first ) and got to take a look at how I did. here's the before *** I spent 4 hours messing with it to get it driveable for the before :

It was in the rear that I TOTALLY FORGOT about how the REAR TOE WOULD BE AFFECTED by all the other changes to my suspension!! It wasn't until the guy was adjusting the rear toe, and I was like $H!T... but the numbers don't look too bad for now. I'll end up buying the rear toe adjustables and getting another alignment. Here's the after paper ( I asked them to try and zero everything ) >>

I've got more pictures, but I don't want to break the "INTERWEB" with pictures of my minion. I welcome your comments and questions. I keep planning to to a "how to" thread, but in my own classic fashion, I just plain start tearing into the work at hand...

The Following User Says Thank You to vrmouseyd15b For This Useful Post:
The donkey CRX (08-14-2014)