View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 10:14 PM   #22 (permalink)
OG VX
JDM hypeR mileR

The OG VX - '92 Honda Civic VX
Team Honda
90 day: 68.64 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltothewolf View Post
It looks wonderful to me for a 22 year old car! And it's good he did the timing belt that's a 150$ job minimum if you do the work yourself. If not, it's close to 500. Anyway, I can't wait to see more progress on this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrmouseyd15b View Post
Absolutely LOVE the wagovan! Nice cars!
Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
A welcome to the OG VX! Hahaha. I'm looking forward to pics of your "new" EG soon. So cool to see the experienced old racer-honda guys coming into the realm of eco-modding these same cars. The car is a great base for ecomodding, just like it was for 1990s racing around. You should have a good knowledge base. Looking forward to your contributions around here.
--------------

Thanks guys. Yes, I was fortunate to have found this VX in such great condition. The wagovan was my a beast of a project. Everything was tough on that one, but it was certainly a cool car once finished.

Def funny to see the F&F generation coming around full circle with the Eco mods. Basically, we are getting older and appreciate FE. Plus, IMHO, things are getting out of hand with the Honda scene. Dudes obsessing over bolt kits for the engine. Mil-spec firewall connections for tucked harnesses. Weird stuff. You used to could "hang" with the rest of the top by spending circa $3K on a build/parts and some good ol' fashion elbow grease. Now, that's just enough $$ to get you in-line with the ricers down at the local Sonic. Thanks to companies like Hybrid Racing, Chase Bays, and Bolt Boys, show-quality Honda builds take three times as long to complete and are $15K affairs once all the dust settles. Then your left with a....Honda. So, you have to part-out the build to make your money back (since no one wants to pay $15K for a used Honda, no matter how nice/"perfect" it is).

I'm excited to begin what I think is the "new frontier" for Honda-heads. Clean built Eco cars. We'll, it's really not new for Honda, as I think being eco-minded is what put them on the map in the first place

Here's some conceptual sketches I put together for the aesthetics. Should be a fun build!

Last edited by OG VX; 08-14-2014 at 01:49 PM..
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OG VX For This Useful Post:
California98Civic (08-13-2014), Cd (10-08-2014), pgfpro (09-25-2014), The donkey CRX (08-14-2014), user removed (11-09-2014)