View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 08:48 PM   #19 (permalink)
vrmouseyd15b
ALL UP ON THE INTERWEB!!!

skidmark - super snail - '89 honda civic wagon WAGOVAN
Team "Old SKOOL"
90 day: 30.87 mpg (US)

Pituca - '19 Honda Insight Touring
90 day: 39.34 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmeat View Post
Man, I ought to get on eBay and order a bunch of shiny yet dubious aftermarket suspension parts for the Black Widow and lower it 4 inches, too . . . . . Wait a sec, with my current suspension, I lower it 4" just by sitting in it!

My opinion is save your money for repairs, don't blow it on non-essential crap like that, but then again I did buy that Kammback a couple of tanks ago . . . .
I had terrible rear camber, I didn't mention, I guess. It ate the inner from my rear tires. My shocks\struts were pretty beat too, it actually rides BETTER on the highway now! At that point, the "performance" parts are cheaper than stock stuff, so why not? This is cheaper than going to a mechanic for a repair any day for side by side stock vs performance, and I do all the work aside from the alignment because I like to! so for me, I'm money ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basjoos View Post
There are two approaches to handling air flow under the car for minimum drag.

One is to lower the car and adding an air dam to divert air around the sides of the car and side skirts to maintain the low pressure zone under the car. This reduces frontal area (lowers drag) and creates a low pressure zone under the car (increases downforce and also drag, since it takes energy to create the low pressure zone). This is the approach that most race cars use since it increases downforce. Many ecomodders also do this since it is easy to implement.

Now I don't have to pan under my car! I'm looking for something like a really wide brush to be my "air dam" that way the bristles will give over bumps / driveways now. . Any ideas?

Last edited by vrmouseyd15b; 08-14-2014 at 08:57 PM..