View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 07:24 AM   #18 (permalink)
gregsfc
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant-53 View Post
gregsfc, It is easy enough to disagree with what others are doing when it doesn't suit your situation. State you preferred position without running down others and you will get more support.
I think that my intent was absolutely misunderstood. I did go on a long rant and I got carried away. My intent was not to be negative; especially to the Vetterites or Vetterettes. My real intent is to be critical of the negativity or lack of inclusiveness of Craig himself regarding other ideas, concepts, product types, etc. In other words, I think I'm promoting positive attitudes and fighting against negativity that is sort of part of the current events. At the AMA event, Vic, Alan, and Richard were all down to earth, supportive and very nice folks that seemed to have a genuine interest in some of the other rides, including some of the stock rides, but this was not true regarding the inventor. There was a level of closed-mindedness that I picked up on, not only at the event, but from watching Youtube interviews, statements, his website, and his quotes. I absolutely respect what he has done for the sport and is offering up to the industry, but I also believe there are other ways of doing things, that, while maybe not as good, are still valid and should still be explored.

The idea that has been offered by the OP does not suit my situation. I don't like that riding position personally. I prefer a straight up, feet slightly forward position just like I had with my previous scooter and my current CTX700. What I don't like though is the proposition that the Vetter-promoted riding position is the only comfortable position; that the Vetter Streamlining shape is the only shape, even if it is the most efficient shape; that 4-bags of groceries upright and left in the bags are in any way more superior than carrying in other way; and that engine technologies are unimportant or insignificant and that only limited horsepower and displacement can have positive impacts on fuel economy. All of these ideas are promoted by him and his events, and everything else is ignored or discouraged. Just because I like the Vetter-promoted riding position and alot of other folks prefer it, does not mean that has to be the only future of two wheel transportation, and I think alot of these other ideas are discouraged in the events. I could bring up a host of details that I witnessed or in some cases was impacted by the way the events are carried out and results posted that are sort of good-ole boy in nature, but then doing that would be negative.