View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 09:08 PM   #25 (permalink)
vrmouseyd15b
ALL UP ON THE INTERWEB!!!

skidmark - super snail - '89 honda civic wagon WAGOVAN
Team "Old SKOOL"
90 day: 30.87 mpg (US)

Pituca - '19 Honda Insight Touring
90 day: 39.34 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltothewolf View Post
Garden section of Wally world, I got a 20FT roll, which was enough for 2 failed prototypes and 1 final make, for only $6.34. Can't beat that.
that so calls to my inner cheapskate, and I'm always at wally world for something, lawn edging is going on the shopping list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb View Post
Negative camber helps for cornering. Give it 2 weeks it will get lower.

I love tunnels and overpasses, bahhhhhhhhaaaaaaaa
Right on, brother! I can't help myself sometimes - I just love the sound! bwahaha!

as far as the rear wheels and their current toe setting, this looks like the answer to my litle problem, 96-00 honda civic rear toe adjustable doo-hickies:

$38.99 free shipping - ebay (both sides)
(one side stock costs $5 less at my local auto parts place)

guess what my inner cheapskate wants me to do? damn right, I'm getting the blue ones! by the time the parts come in, and I finally get around to installing them, I think the suspension will have completely settled and it will be alignment time again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serialk11r View Post
Since you've got all those adjustable suspension bits, have you thought of making the camber slightly negative? If you take turns quickly, the outside of your tires will wear down more. Since you don't have much suspension travel left, you'd need static camber despite your double wishbones to get closer to the "ideal" for handling. I think -1.5 degrees is pretty reasonable for a daily driver and is good for tire wear, or so I hear.
That's a little above my head, but I like where you're going with that - I'm going to ask my local guy, he can build some pretty crazy stuff! If not, as adjustable as I will be with the rear toe adjustables installed, they should be able to hit the stock marks on my alignment and prolong tire life, if not anything else.

Last edited by vrmouseyd15b; 08-15-2014 at 09:17 PM..