Thread: Elio tour
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 11:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Weather Spotter
Wiki Mod

Max - '14 Ford C-Max SEL
Elio tour

I went and sat in/ looked over the third elio made today!

Pics to follow but its a sweet looking car, the people doing the demo were very easy to talk with and new their product well but were very able to handle both my hypermileing questions and my brothers performance questions

The car was very comfortable even though the demo was hand built using most of a geo metro (dash, wheel, manual shifter, engine, window , etc).

The inside had enough room for both me and my brother to comfortable sit inside at the same time. The storage area is small but as a commuter car it looks great!

They said that it works well in slush and snow up to about 4". Over that and its not so good.

The hand built prototype was I interesting and they seem on track to make 25 test cars (I asked but I can't get one unless I want to pay several hundred thousand for a hand built one) to test production and to do EPA testing and crash tests.

Overall I liked the car and will be interested to get my hands on one or more next year!