View Single Post
Old 08-16-2014, 08:28 PM   #21 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
For some reason, I just prefer using Dad's laptop. Mine might be faster, it does have more RAM, although his screen is larger and has a higher resolution. I spent a while cleaning up after him, but apparently I am harder on computers than he was.

I wonder if the touch screen was somehow damaged by waking up while closed. Since I have some scratches on old laptop screens from the keyboard, I used to put a thin microfiber mousepad in there when I put away my computer. I lost that and now use a handkerchief. I am curious what problems might result from my computer waking up on its own. Many times I have arrived at class, pulled out my laptop, it was hot, running, and died when I opened it, even though I make sure the laptop is asleep when I close the lid.

Eventually, I was able to use it without the screen messing up, so I disabled the touchscreen. I am still trying to figure out how to adjust HP 3D Driveguard. I keep finding information that tells me the name of the program and where on my hard drive it is, but neither is true. I like the idea of my drive being guarded and there are times when I want to touch the screen, but it is like the system is guarding the drive from use by me and the screen is saying "Lalalala! I cannot feel you!"