View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 07:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
Baltothewolf
Furry Furfag

Winsight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Miaderp - '95 Mazda Miata
90 day: 28.53 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mechanic View Post
They made a manual. I rebuilt one (4 dr manual) about 20 years ago and got 40 MPG on a highway trip with my older brother and his son riding with me. Mostly 65 MPH on the Interstate.

I'm not going to gut it or make any radical changes and it already has great aero hub caps.

With my 3 wheeler project progressing to a finish point, probably in the next year, reducing my auto inventory capital outlay is a compelling point. I always liked that model of Sentra, light, great engine and this one does not have a speck of rust anywhere, rockers and lower fenders are coated with plastic like Mercedes.

2288 pounds empty weight. Not much more than a civic of the same age, but no timing belt or cltuch replacements. I'll go to the pick and pay and see if they have any of that model.

regards
Mech
That's a good idea getting rid of cars as insurance costs a ton. Right now I'm paying 110 a month for just liability on my civic and Mustang. Of course I'm only 21 but still. I think that's a little high but whatever. I have State Farm.

Anyway, is it worth doing a manual swap in that car? Isn't it a pain to do it? I have been thinking of finding a 6-speed for my Mustang but I don't feel like going through the hassle of auto to manual swap.