View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 12:12 AM   #22 (permalink)
AdrianD
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhigh View Post
I hear you about the no mods on the Miata, but speed = power. If you need less power to hold speed (due to aero mods, for instance), that means more ponies available to pull you around the curve to the next one.

Like the little mini-kamm. A lot of guys here have done mini-kamms and gotten good results.
By no mods I meant nothing extreme
Front airdam and mini-kamm are both "mandatory", I like the look of them. At first I thought the mini-kamm looks good but then I noticed the shape and thought it's also a useful mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
So 2,000 rpm is the 'sweet-spot' for your engine.That's nice to know,and worth publishing at the BSFC thread at one of the other forums.
Yes, looks like it. Now I understand why when I bought the car and brought it home (600 high-way miles) I was cruising between 2000 and 2200 rpm. And I got my best mileage to date... a bit under 30mpg.

Back on topic: I got most of the airdam done, just need to finish up the mounting and add a small downward lip. I could not bend the plastic sheeting so the airdam covers only half of the tire width
Pictures later
The Following User Says Thank You to AdrianD For This Useful Post:
aerohead (08-20-2014)