View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 02:53 AM   #24 (permalink)
Twerp
Modified Driver

Frozen Tundra - '03 Toyota Tundra 4WD SR5 Access Cab
90 day: 26.51 mpg (US)

Red Skateboard - '91 Honda Civic DX
90 day: 45.49 mpg (US)
My thought on the Kiwi is that it is a Scan Gauge for the masses. I wouldn't say it is superior to the SG, but maybe a little more user friendly. It is to the average driver what the instant TV dinner is to the average kitchen goer. Sure, real chefs go and choose their own ingredients, research their recipes and cook it all to perfection. But the average bachelor might not want to put that much effort into a meal. The Kiwi is simple, flashy and seems pretty easy to just toss in the microwave, stir and eat... Not that you'd really eat one of these... but you know what I mean. I've got a Scan Gauge, which is perfect for me (and most other ecomodders, I would assume) because I like researching my own hypermiling techniques, applying, testing and all the other stuff that would be too much work for the average driver. The Kiwi would be perfect for most people I know that aren't going to convert into a full-blown fuel efficiency nerd like I have.

Disclaimer: I speak metaphorically only. I do not recommend microwaving and/or eating the Kiwi or any other electronic device.