Thread: I was arrested!
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 11:15 AM   #28 (permalink)
XYZ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by niky View Post
Well, when you have legal trouble and don't know what to do, it's definitely in your best interest not to write any specifics about it until you get proper legal advice, even if what you're posting could be used in your defense.

In my moderation position on other boards, I've had to erase a number of posts and lock threads due to ongoing or resolved litigation.

You also don't want to post a rant about cops if such rant could come back to haunt you.

I can understand the need to vent, however, even if you can't say anything specific about the case.
Did I or anyone else ask for specifics? No, of course I didn't and I would advise against stating or discussing them - but it seems that some here are not comprehending what I wrote or reading into it something other than what I stated.

There is nothing disadvantageous about him telling us what the charges are. The charges brought against him are a matter of public record. It doesn't imply guilt. As the old saying goes, you can indict a ham sandwich - but that doesn't mean the prosecution's case is valid or provable.

What's the point of saying "I was arrested" then not telling what the charges are? Is it to keep us on the edge of our chairs wondering?