View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 07:25 AM   #67 (permalink)
cowmeat
Master EcoModder

Princess Carriage - '20 Ford Explorer Limited

Silver - '22 Ford Maverick Hybrid XLT w/tow pkg
Maverick Hybrids
90 day: 41.3 mpg (US)
Been reading this thread all morning with fascination.

Yesterday I finally broke down and bought myself a 5-spd 2000 Insight in Longwood, which is about 70 miles from Lakeland. I got it for three grand, which seems like a good deal considering the shape it's in, with fully functioning IMA. It has 200,000 miles, but it's got AYECEEEEEE, and an aftermarket Kenwood sound system/navi/dvd player!

On the way back to Lakeland down I-4, through the inevitable Orlando traffic jam, and a second one just outside of Lakeland due to a torrential downpour, without having a clue how to really drive it, with the A/C and stereo both blasting, and lights and wipers on, I averaged 61 mpg and fully charged the IMA battery. Half the trip I was doing 75 mph, and the other half was at 5 mph, and still getting phenomenal mpgs.

I'm already in love with this car! I've had to work my butt off for months to hit 60 mpg in the Black Widow, and the Insight is doing it on the first tank!

I'll re-read this thread a dozen times, cause I already see stuff on here to look for on mine!

The Following User Says Thank You to cowmeat For This Useful Post:
Insight for life (08-24-2014)