View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 10:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
The guy at O'Reilly did not tell me the code, just his interpretation. The Autozone guy gave me a printout and I will share that if I see it again, but it was definitely the downstream sensor, but the U-Fix It guy got upstream with one reader and nothing on the other. I have driven my car at least three times since.

One guy at Autozone said that you test O2 sensors with torches and digital multimeters. My torch is down in the valley and hopefully my meter is in my room somewhere.

Following the O'Reilly guy's false lead, I looked for fuse check lights, but did not see any sold separately. I thought that my digital multimeter would work, but I could not even remember its name, let alone find it. With everything else going on lately, I did not want to deal with that, so I mentioned it to a friend and took a nap. When I awoke, I tried to get her to tell me the name of the digital multimeter, but she just ranted about how she knew what a meter was and how to use one, she was an electric engineer.

"Okay, but what is it called?"
"Don't use a meter, just pull it out and look at it!"
"Right, but what type of meter is it?"
"I know what a meter is!"

She really did not seem to be paying attention. She called me, apparently angry about all of this. I thought that I found something relevant, but she was ranting and I needed to focus, so I asked her to stop giving me attitude so that I could read.

Three times.

Then I tried to tell her something about my car, but she started talking over me, so I asked her to stop.

Three times.

Then I told her she could argue with herself, I was getting off of the phone. Yes, three times.

She hung up on me.

Then she sent me several angry messages about how I disrespected her. Someone must have soaked her underwear in barracudas.

I will go and look for the code, but it contradicted the others.

Last edited by Xist; 09-03-2014 at 12:22 PM..