View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 07:12 PM   #1034 (permalink)
MPaulHolmes
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
e*clipse! I was thinking the exact same thing! We are seriously one heck of a team of fellow collaborators! And We never have any TPS reports to fill out (office space).

I post photos to photobucket using my cell phone, then click on the "share links" IMG, and then paste it here:
The control/driver boards arrived a couple days early! This is the back:

And this is the front:

Now I just need to order the control board parts. I had made a saved cart, or so I thought, but it has ceased to exist. Very mysterious.

I also got an encoder attached to the bigger AC motor that turned up. I discovered that VHB tape isn't very sticky in 120degF weather. The stupid encoder was glued to the flat aluminum plate thing that I attached to the motor, centered perfectly with a centering tool, and then when I touched it, it moved, totally losing center. It was fully assembled and not unassemblable. So, I gave it a push and eyeballed it, and gosh darn it, if that thing isn't centered, then I'm a monkey's uncle. Then I glued around the edges of the encoder to the back plate using some epoxy. It's stuck now. It should work OK.

Last edited by MPaulHolmes; 08-28-2014 at 07:17 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MPaulHolmes For This Useful Post:
4x4EV (08-29-2014), Astro (08-28-2014), e*clipse (08-29-2014)