View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 11:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
BabyDiesel
Lean Burn Cruiser!

Big Blazin' - '88 Chevrolet K5 Blazer Silverado
SUV
90 day: 14.97 mpg (US)

Chili - '00 Honda Insight
Gen-1 Insights
Team Honda
House of Tudor
Team Streamliner
90 day: 72.29 mpg (US)
Y'all are awesome! The feedback is great and I truly appreciate it

DirtyDave - I dig the Pokemon avatar I'm going to give the flashers+coast a go if any are encountered tomorrow. It's worth a try! Fyi... I usually block people from passing if it would be dangerous for them.

Whatmaycome14 - I've not had any of that happen YET. I remember when I went 60-70 on these same roads and was getting passed...

Balto - What's up, dawg?! Lol. I see your point and I am taking it into consideration. Though I lose 3-4 mpg going from 50ish to 55 Might start speeding up when I see a vehicle approaching. After they're gone --->

Theaveng - Good post regarding the laws! I checked on NC and all I found was that going super slow (15+ below SL) can make you look suspicious to the cops... I'm pretty sure I'll be pulled if I attempt to start a personal parade

Cobb - Lol! I'm happy you have slow people up there... now that I'm hypermiling, I'm that guy

Old Mechanic - Great wisdom and personal experience, sir. It does not help matters that I am young and the culture expects me to not care about FE... "you got a small car, go fast, floor it from red lights! It still saves gas over your K5!" Ugh at the mentality Thank you for the advice

ksa8907 - You're speaking truth. Gotta worry about myself and keep me safe.

XYZ - Right?! And that makes sense... keep on killing my naiveness You'll never grow if you don't ask questions to increase your knowledge.

Thank all of y'all for the encouragement and for the explanations :thumb up: hopefully this thread will not only help me, but other ones that are starting to drive smarter and seeing the madness like me.

New personal style of driving - be in mode when applicable. P & G when it is safe. Increase speed to at least the speed limit when traffic demands. Make them pass you if possible & safe. And engage your mind while behind the wheel!

The Following User Says Thank You to BabyDiesel For This Useful Post:
dirtydave (08-29-2014)