View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 02:09 PM   #34 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyLugNut View Post
And, there is very good reason NOT to post some of our work. People criticize my posts because they cannot follow what I have written. So, they criticize me for not posting my work. But, that work allows me a very comfortable lifestyle and a set of shares in a future endeavor that has much risk but much reward. Why would I risk that future on Ecomodder? However, there is much to play around with that does not interfere with my non-disclosure agreements. I am free to talk about general science and applications. If you see no value in that, I am sorry. I can only simplify so much before it becomes drivel. And, this week, I will hear from our legal department what I can disclose about work I helped with almost two decades ago while testing with HHO augmented engines. There really isn't much ado. You cannot "double your mileage" like the scammers claim. But, you can change the thermochemistry of the combustion reaction and contract the burn so as to extract more work from the fuel. If you can see how much of the fuel heat is lost to the environment you can see how combustion contraction can be very beneficial. And, you can see how partnering this technology with the above idea of a high enthalpy engine can be beneficial.
Having my own patent issued, I think you might understand that I know the process. Whether you choose to believe it or not is a problem that COULD exist within your own mind. Non Disclosure Agreements are required before you file a completed application and before, during and after the provisional application, which is supposed to precede the complete application by one year. So basically you are not at the point of having filed a completed application or NDAs would be unnecessary. Anyone can file a provisional application. My first one, a decade ago cost $100.

Not sure about the "20 year" term you are referring to when you mentioned waiting out the expiration date on previous patents (mine is 17.5 years). Assuming that is a fact (the 20 year term), it presents serious hurdles to overcome to surpass the rejection criteria of "obvious to someone educated in the art" as well as the "novelty" rejection criteria as well as the legal requirement for the applicant to disclose to the Patent Office any relevant information, that they uncover, at any time in the process, that could cause your own application to be rejected.

Actually "contracting the burn", assuming (again) your terminology is correct is the opposite of what Mazda is (and probably others are) doing with multiple injections after TDC where the burn is initiated then the pressure wave is "spread out" with multiple injections, after the combustion event has begun. The potential for preignition does not exist with high pressure injections of which a significant portion occur after ignition of the first of multiple injections.

Smokeys hot vapor setup is general knowledge today and any component has long passed any Patent protection time deadline. You state that transonic has problems, but you give nothing to support that position. I have no interest in transonic other than my belief that their system represents a significant step forward in the refinement process.

Also much risk means the potential for no reward and if you have no patent pending, you may never see one granted. There are even groups of foundation funded patent lawyers who will drag you through another legal nightmare, EVEN AFTER YOU HAVE BEEN GRANTED A PATENT, and have your patent rejected by a court process.

good luck with the process

Mech

Last edited by user removed; 09-03-2014 at 02:18 PM..